Jacquie Walker is an award-winning anchor & reporter who has been inducted into the Buffalo Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame. She is the longest-tenured female anchor in Buffalo broadcast history. Jacquie currently anchors News 4 at 5, News 4 at 6, and the number one-rated News 4 at 11. She joined WIVB-TV more than 30 years ago and brings an experienced perspective to the day-to-day challenges, decisions, and activities that provide the heartbeat of the Channel 4 newsroom — and shape the course of our television and web-based news serving Western New York.
- Currently anchors News 4 at 5, News 4 at 6, and the number one-rated News 4 at 11.
- Joined the News 4 team in the Fall of 1983 after anchoring in Rochester, NY and Springfield, Illinois.
- 2014 Business First Power 250: Named One of the Most Influential People in Western New York
- 2014 Honorary Member, Getzville Fire Company – honored for longstanding support of the fire company
- 2013 Business First Power 200: Named One of the Most Influential People in Western New York
- 2012 Television Personality of the Year – Buffalo Excellence in Media Awards
- 2011 Buffalo Broadcasters’ Hall of Fame Induction
- Numerous NYS Emmy nominations and journalism awards from the NYS Associated Press, RTDNA National and Regional Edward R. Murrow Awards, NYS Broadcasters’ Association, Sigma Delta Chi, UPI, and more. Notably, Jacquie twice earned the First Place Award from the NYS Associated Press for General Excellence of Individual Reporting.
- 2010 Woman of Achievement Award presented by the American Association of University Women, Buffalo Branch
- 2002 Heart of Loyalty Award from the Kevin Guest House, Buffalo
- 2001 Stephen H. Kelly Volunteer Award, National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- 2001 National Conference for Community & Justice Sister/Brotherhood Media Award
- 2000 ‘Woman of Distinction’ Award from the Amherst Chamber of Commerce
- 1999 “Service to Mankind” Award from the Leukemia Society of America
- 1997 Governor’s Award for Excellence in Communications
- 1996 Humanitarian of the Year by the NY State Junior Chamber of Commerce
- Paul Harris Fellow for Community Service, Rotary Club
- Bachelor’s degree in Advertising Management, Michigan State University
- Additional Communications coursework, Columbia College, Chicago, Ill
Interests and Community Involvement
- Jacquie is a frequent guest speaker and emcee for charitable events. She has a lengthy association with Roswell Park Cancer Institute, Leukemia and Lymphoma Society, National Multiple Sclerosis Society, Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation, Hospice Buffalo, American Association of University Women and many other local organizations.
- She is a longtime member of Women in Communications and the Buffalo Broadcasters Association.
- Husband, Mike and two sons
- Jacquie was among the NASA applicants vying to become the first journalist in space.
What I Like About Buffalo
- “The strong work ethic.”
Most Interesting Assignments
- Anchoring live from Niagara Falls, Ontario, during News 4 coverage of Nik Wallenda’s historic walk on the wire over the Falls
- Anchoring eight full hours of live News 4 team coverage after the crash of Flight 3407 in Clarence Center
- Interviewing State Supreme Court Justice Christopher Burns immediately after he sentenced Altemio Sanchez, known as the ‘Bike Path Killer.’
- Covering Buffalo Bills fans at four consecutive Super Bowls
- Travelling to Oklahoma City to provide coverage after the Federal Building bombing