Facility safe after carbon monoxide threat

do not use

Grand Island firefighters say Elderwood Health Care Facility is now safe, after a carbon monoxide threat.

The fire department was called in to investigate a gas leak there over the weekend,  and found dangerous levels of carbon monoxide in the basement.

They say plowed snow had accidentally blocked boiler air supply vents.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

blog comments powered by Disqus