A western New York teacher is on the Common Core Implementation Panel, which will review the rollout of the controversial standards plan in New York State. Governor Cuomo announced the members of the 11-person panel Friday morning.
The panel will deliver recommendations about the Common Core before the end of the legislative session. It is comprised of national experts, state legislators, parents, educators and community leaders.
Todd Hathaway, and East Aurora High School teacher, is a member of the panel.
Review the full list of panel members:
· Stanley S. Litow, Vice President, IBM Corporate Citizenship and Corporate Affairs & President, IBM International Foundation (Chair)
· Senator John Flanagan, Senate Education Committee Chair (Senate appointee)
· Assemblywoman Catherine Nolan, Assembly Education Committee Chair (Assembly appointee)
· Linda Darling-Hammond, Charles E. Ducommun Professor of Education, Stanford University Graduate School of Education
· Todd Hathaway, Teacher, East Aurora High School (Erie County)
· Alice Jackson-Jolley, Parent (Westchester County)
· Anne Kress, President, Monroe Community College
· Nick Lawrence, Teacher, East Bronx Academy for the Future (NYC)
· Delia Pompa, Senior Vice President of Programs, National Council of La Raza
· Charles Russo, Superintendent, East Moriches UFSD (Long Island)
· Dan Weisberg, EVP & General Counsel, The New Teacher Project