Fire sparks at Orkin Pest Control

AMHERST, N.Y. (WIVB)- Fire crews in Amherst will be working to figure out what sparked a fire at the Orkin Pest Control building on Earhart Drive near Wehrle Drive.

No one was hurt, but firefighters say if flames had broken out in a different part of the building, this could have been much worse.

“The concern about the pesticides, being Orkin Pest Control, there were pesticides within the building and once again it turned out to be the office space as opposed to the warehouse space which was a great relief,” said James Lawida, Main Transit Fire Department Chief.

There’s no word on damages Monday morning.

 

blog comments powered by Disqus