BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Seven western New Yorkers have been appointed to the New Stadium Working Group by Erie County Executive Mark Poloncarz. Governor Andrew Cuomo has already named five appointees to the panel, and the Buffalo Bills are expected to name seven more.
Poloncarz released his selections Thursday. The panel will explore the possibility of either building a new stadium for the Bills or further renovating Ralph Wilson Stadium.
“The individuals who will be representing Erie County in the upcoming stadium discussions are all fervent Bills fans and Erie County residents, as well as community members who are cognizant of the economic realities facing Erie County and the business realities of the National Football League,” said Poloncarz in a prepared statement.
In addition to County Executive Poloncarz himself, the individuals named to the Erie County committee include:
• Richard Tobe, Deputy County Executive, Erie County
• Maria R. Whyte, Commissioner of Environment and Planning, Erie County
• Kathleen Hochul, Vice President, M&T Bank Corporation
• Michael Joseph, President, Clover Management, Inc.
• Alphonso O’Neil-White, Retired President & CEO of HealthNow New York Inc.
• Clotilde Perez-Bode Dedecker, President, Community Foundation for Greater Buffalo