BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – KeyBank is following the national trend in reducing the number of retail branches and this summer plans to close 10 branches in Erie and Niagara counties.
The bank regional sales executive, Gary Quenneville, reports that seven of the 10 branches are former HSBC offices and some geographical overlap was expected at the time of the takeover. KeyBank acquired those branches in 2012.
The bank’s consolidation will occur between July 18 and August 1.
Customers will have their accounts transferred to nearby KeyBank branches. Most of the remaining branches will be taking on additional employees. Quenneville says that the consolidation should have little or no impact on jobs.
Here is a list of the branches to be closed:
Closing by July 18:
- 5151 Broadway, Depew – transferred to 5207 Broadway, Lancaster
- 11 Main St., Hamburg – transferred to 25 Main St., Hamburg
- 1107 Lovejoy, Buffalo – transferred to 1017 Broadway, Buffalo
- 4191 N. Buffalo Road – transferred to 4239 N. Buffalo Road, Orchard Park
Closing by July 25
- 3107 Bailey Ave., Buffalo -transferred to 3134 Bailey Ave., Buffalo
- 390 Main St., Buffalo (Main Place Mall)-transferred to 50 Fountain Plaza, Buffalo
- 266 Kenmore Ave., Buffalo – transferred to 3586 Main St., Amherst
- 6525 Transit Road,Amherst – transferred to 9640 Transit Road, Amherst
Closing by August 1
- 4401 Transit Road, Williamsville – transferred to 4455 Transit Road, Williamsville
- 5688 S. Transit Road, Lockport – transferred to 5740 Transit Road, Lockport