PENDLETON, N.Y. (WIVB) – A chain of events caused a pretty unusual morning outside Starpoint High School. Friday morning’s emergency at the school district started out as one thing, and snowballed into another.
Around 6:50 a.m, two fire company’s were called to the school because a motor overheated. Fire crews used thermal imaging cameras to look for hotspots in the walls and roof. They soon determined that a motor above the teacher’s dining room had overheated. No students were in the building at the time.
Some students were driving to school at the time of the incident. One senior was stopped on Mapleton Road when another struck them from behind. But before that accident could be cleared, another one happened.
Nine students were involved in the accidents. One was taken to Children’s Hospital for precautionary measures. Starpoint’s superintendent says all of the students have non-life threatening injuries.
As for that overheated motor, it will be repaired this weekend.