Resident escapes blaze in apartment

flames fire truck

FALCONER, N.Y. (WIVB) - A resident escaped safely from an apartment fire in Falconer Saturday night. Firefighters were called to the house fire on South Work Street at 10:20 p.m.

An investigation ruled the cause of the fire to be from excess lint in the vent pipe of a dryer, according to the Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office. The dryer was being used in a second-floor apartment.

The second-floor tenant was able to escape without injury, and is now being assisted by the Red Cross. The fire was ruled an accident.

An apartment on the first floor of the structure was vacant.

blog comments powered by Disqus