Fire caused by electrical wire killed 93-year-old


ELLICOTT, N.Y. (WIVB) – A fire claimed a 93 year-old’s life Thursday night in the Town of Ellicott. Several fire companies responded to the blaze on Moon Road at 10:40 p.m.

The Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Office says a man’s body was found inside the home. They believe he died from smoke inhalation as a result of the fire.

An investigation revealed the fire sparked from an electrical wire that shorted under a crawl space, under the kitchen.

There were no other injuries reported. The victim’s name has not been released. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s