WELLSVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) – Over the past month, the Allegany County Sheriff’s Office, in conjunction with the U.S. Marshals Service, checked on all 163 registered sex offenders in the county.
Authorities say 159 were verified in the first three days of the operation. Two were verified on the last day, and warrants were issued for two offenders, 35-year-old Adam Satterlee and 55-year-old Richard Foster, both of Wellsville, who allegedly moved without notifying authorities.
As a result of the investigation, the following people are facing charges:
- Timothy Lewis, 28, of Wellsville – charged with failing to report internet access
- Shane Doan, 27, of Fillmore – charged with seventh degree criminal possession of a controlled substance and unlawful possession of fireworks
- Heather Wolfanger, 42, of Atlanta, NY – charged with being a fugitive of justice from West Virginia for failing to register a change of address
- A 17-year-old male from Cuba, NY – charged with obstructing governmental administration for providing a false name and date of birth
- Raymond Higby, 35, of Bolivar – charged with first degree sex abuse and endangering the welfare of a child