BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – There’s no reason to be bored this summer, the list of activities at Canalside is out and there’s something for everyone. The Erie Canal Harbor Development Corporation says there are thousands of activities happening over the next few months.
Besides concerts, there will be biking, Zumba, and yoga, even dancing under the stars on Wednesday nights. For families, Treehouse toy store will supply games seven days a week that you can borrow and play anywhere at Canalside.
Highlights of the 2014 Programming and Events Season include:
▪ June 1: Pride Festival
▪ June 13: Buffalove Photo Shoot
▪ July 4: Independence Day Celebration
▪ July 12: Wooden Boat Festival
▪ July 13: Budding Tree Yoga Festival
▪ July 19: Buffalo Brewers Festival at Canalside
▪ August 22-24: Buffalo Irish Festival
▪ September: Buffalo Maritime Festival
Visit CanalsideBuffalo.com to review this year’s calender of events.
It’s hard to ignore all the construction at the HARBORcenter if you go down to Canalside. Officials tell us work is more than half finished. By Thanksgiving teams like Erie Community College, Canisius College and the Buffalo Junior Sabres will call the HARBORcenter’s rinks home. Two restaurants will also be open by then.