Fire breaks out on Greeley Street


BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Flames broke out at an occupied house on Greeley Street, in Buffalo, Tuesday afternoon.

First responders were called to the scene off Hertel Avenue, not far from Elmwood Avenue. Firefighters say a 48 year old, handicapped man was rescued from the second floor of the home. His condition is unknown.

It appears that the fire started in the basement. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

blog comments powered by Disqus