BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The warm weather may have you thinking about visiting a local beach or pool. To help you find hours of operation and opening dates we’ve compiled a list of some of the popular Western New York destinations:
Erie County Beaches
- Beaver Island State Park: Swimming season 5/24 – 6/22, weekends, 11 am – 7 pm; 6/23 – 9/1, daily, 11 am – 7 pm. There is a $7.00 fee per car when there is swimming, $6.00 when there is no swimming. Admission charged 9am to 6pm on weekdays and 8am to 6pm on weekends.
- Bennett Beach: Open daily starting 6/14 7am to 9pm, with swimming from 11am to 7pm/ only when a lifeguard is on duty. There is no fee.
- Evangola State Park: Open dawn to dusk, with swimming from 11am to 7pm, $7.00 fee per car when swimming is permitted and $6.00 when it is not. Admission charged 9am to 5pm.
- Hamburg Town Beach: Open dawn to dusk, with swimming from 11am to 8pm, $15.00 sticker, $5.00 for senior citizens, beach open to town residents only.
- Woodlawn Beach State Park: Open dawn to dusk, with swimming from 10:30am to 7:30pm, $7.00 fee per car when there is swimming, $6.00 per car when there is no swimming. Admission charged 9am to 5pm. Patrons are however encouraged to contact park directly to verify these hours before traveling as they are subject to change.
- Buffalo City Pools-All public pools will open July 1st Check operating hours here: http://www.city-buffalo.com/files/1_2_1/city_departments/public_works_and_streets/parks/pdfs/SummerPoolSchedule.pdf
Niagara County Beaches
- Olcott Beach and Krull Park: Open 7am to 9pm, with swimming from Noon to 7pm. Free
- Wilson-Tuscarora State Park: Open dawn to dusk, Swimming season starting 6/27 until 9/1 with hours 11am to 7pm, boat launch 6am to 6pm. $7.00 fee per car when swimming is permitted, $6.00 when it is not, admission charged from 9am to 6pm.