BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The Erie County Industrial Agency is backing seven projects with $4.2 million in tax abatements, including $685,000 for developer Mark Croce.
Croce, who owns and is remodeling Statler City, is investing $18.1 million to convert the long-vacant Curtiss Building on Franklin Street into a 67-room boutique hotel. The project will also include a fine dining restaurant, lounge, spa and fitness center and is expected to create 30 news jobs.
Other projects receiving tax abatements are:
- Derrick Corporation is investing $9.7 million to double its office space on Duke Road in Cheektowaga and is receiving $1.9 million in sales and property tax breaks. The project includes plans for 10 news jobs.
- Fisher-Price is investing $8 million to upgrade its research and development facility in East Aurora. It is receiving $700,000 in sales tax benefits.
- Knee Deep Holdings, LLC, owner of A. Titan, is receiving $374,500 in sales and mortgage tax abatements to support the relocation and expansion of the dental tool maker and distributor. A. Titan is moving from Hamburg to Orchard Park and adding 10 new positions.
- Petrolift, Inc. is receiving $24,500 in sales tax abatements to establish a manufacturing plant in Eden. The $1.6 million project will create 10 new positions at its new division, TexWeb, Inc., which will fabricate web slings and lifts for the oil and gas industry.
- Flying Bison Brewery is investing $2.5 million to construct a new brewing facility and tasting room at a vacant site on Seneca Street. It is receiving $372,500 in sales and property tax savings and will add four more full-time and three part-time employees.
- Simmers Crane Design and Service is spending $2.1 million to build a manufacturing facility at the former Spaulding Fibre site in the City of Tonawanda. The company previously received $388,000 in sales and mortgage tax abatements, but after learning the project had grown and would now include an additional five full-time jobs, Simmers was approved for an additional $503,000 in abatements.