ALDEN, N.Y. (WIVB) – State Police arrested eight people for DWI during a single overnight sobriety checkpoint in the Village of Alden this past Saturday.
Troopers conducted the check on Broadway in the village, accompanied by patrols of the area. In all, eight arrests were made, including:
- Michael Wild, 20, of Buffalo – charged with DWI and refusing a breath test
- Garret Butlak, 26, of Lancaster – charged with DWI. BAC was reportedly .16 percent
- Robert Germann, 48, of Lancaster – charged with aggravated DWI under Leandra’s Law. BAC was reportedly .10 percent
- Ian Hahn, 26, of Alden – charged with two counts of aggravated DWI under Leandra’s Law. BAC was reportedly .23 percent
- Leaha Wimmer, 21, of Rochester – charged with DWI and aggravated unlicensed operation. BAC was reportedly .16 percent
- Joseph Leonard, 29, of West Seneca – charged with DWI, operating a motor vehicle with a suspended registration, consumption of alcohol in a motor vehicle and refusing a breath test
- James Reese, 24, of Hartford, CT – charged with DWI. BAC was reportedly .14 percent
- Dwayne Pachulski, 38, of West Seneca – charged with DWAI by drugs. He submitted to a blood test with test results pending
All of the suspects are due back in court at a later date.