BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Beginning Monday, crews will be out in the City of Buffalo to repave several streets.
The work is expected to last four days, weather permitting, and is part of around $7 million invested into paving projects for 2014.
The following streets will be repaved:
- Swan – from Jefferson to Cedar
- Howard – from Fillmore to Emslie
- Pratt – from William to Broadway
- Kane – from Genesee to Sycamore
- Sobieski – from Broadway to Walden
- Guilford – from Genesee to Sycamore
- High – from Michigan to Jefferson
- Best – from Jefferson to Humboldt/Herman
- Landon – from Roeher to Humboldt
- South Park – from Hamburg to Marvin (already in progress)
Since 2006, the city has invested $225 million in infrastructure improvements since 2006.
Carlton Street, between Michigan and Jefferson, was recently repaved. Ongoing major street redevelopment projects include Fillmore Avenue, Ohio Street and returning cars to Main Street.
Later this year, the city anticipates making improvements to Kenmore Avenue and Niagara Street.