Time is running out to pack in the summer fun around town! Here’s some help when it comes to planning your weekend, from Winging It! Buffalo Style‘s Lauren Hall:
- You can earn your fried dough at the Erie County Fair 5K. Registration includes VIP parking, 2 adult tickets to the fair, and a free gift for the first 500 runners! Part of the proceeds go to the Special Olympics of New York. The gun goes off at 9am on Saturday, August 9th, and you can sign up now at ecfair.org.
- If a stroll’s more your speed, check out this fundraiser for Western New York’s only children’s museum. “The Stroller Dash and Birthday Bash” will celebrate Explore and More’s 20th anniversary, at its future home on Canalside. The activities begin at 9am on Saturday, August 9th, and include a fun walk, imagination playground, bounce houses, and more. Plan your adventure at exploreandmore.org.
- Lucille Ball’s hometown will be full of laughter this weekend in honor of her 103rd birthday! The annual comedy festival in Lucy’s name runs through Sunday, August 10th in Downtown Jamestown. Find a full list of performers and show times at lucycomedyfest.com.
- Artistic talent from both sides of the border will line Center Street in Lewiston all weekend. The prestigious Lewiston Art Festival, presented by the Lewiston Council on the Arts, features work from more than 170 artists. Check it out Saturday and Sunday, August 9th and 10, from 10 pm to 6pm, or at artcouncil.org.
- If your children are into trucks, they can’t miss the free Touch-a-Truck event on Saturday in Niagara Falls. Children will have a chance to get on board fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, and more to learn how they work! Find the full fleet parked along Old Falls Street, USA, from 2pm to 5pm on Saturday, August 9th!
If you have an event you’d like to see featured on “Your Weekend in WNY,” send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.