Popular Cheektowaga restaurant catches fire

ALTONS

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A small fire broke out at a popular Cheektowaga restaurant late Sunday night, but staff say the restaurant will be open for business Monday morning at 6 a.m.

Alton’s restaurant on Walden Avenue had a fire around 10:30 p.m. Sunday. The fire caused minor external damage near the entrance to the building.

According to workers from the restaurant the fire started when a cigarette butt went under that section of the building.

The manager of Alton’s tells News 4 the fire caused about $5,000 in damage and the restaurant will open at its normal 6 a.m. start time Monday morning.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s