Summer may be winding down but community events are still heating up the outdoors! Here’s a look ahead at “Your Weekend in Western New York” from Winging It! Buffalo Style‘s Lauren Hall.
- Starting in the Southern Tier, the Griffis Sculpture Park will hold its second annual summer festival on Sunday, August 17th. Explore the trails of the country’s largest outdoor sculpture park at this special event featuring live music, crafts, and more. The fun starts at noon. Proceeds will benefit the Ashford Hollow Foundation, for the Visual and Performing Arts.
- Just up the road, sample fine food at the Taste of Ellicottville! Restaurants will have booths set up throughout the historic village on Saturday and Sunday, August 16-17th, from noon to 4. Learn more at www.ellicottvilleny.com.
- In the Northtowns, the Buffalo Heavies will bring their popular highland games back to Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village for the 30th Annual Scottish Festival. The festival runs all day Saturday, August 16th. Check out more at www.bnhv.org
- The Village of Williamsville will host a block party Saturday night, as part of a push to make things more pedestrian friendly. A portion of Main Street will be closed to make way for family fun featuring Williamsville businesses. “Picture Main Street Live” runs from 6 to 9. You can learn more about the grassroots effort on the group’s Facebook page.
- Brace yourself for a roar in North Tonawanda! The Thunder on Niagara, also known as “the fastest show on water,” returns to the water on Saturday and Sunday, August 16-17! You can watch all the power boats go by from Gratwick Park, which will open at 8am each day. Races begin at 9:30. Check out more at www.thunderniagara.com.
If you know of an event you’d like to see featured on “Your Weekend in Western New York,” send an email to email@example.com.