BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Western New Yorkers will celebrate the summer send off with fairs, festivals, food trucks and football. Here are some ways to spend your long holiday weekend from Winging It! Buffalo Style‘s Lauren Hall:
- The National Buffalo Wing Festival will bring the heat to Coca Cola Field on Saturday and Sunday, August 30-31. This year’s festivities will be dedicated to the 50th Anniversary of the invention of the wing. The main event will be the US Chicken Wing Eating Championship at 5pm on Sunday. A full events schedule is available at www.buffalowing.com.
- Football is back at UB! The Bulls will take on the Dusquene Dukes Saturday, August 30th for their home opener. Kickoff is at 3:30 at UB Stadium, with a tailgate concert featuring Easton Corbin starting at 1:30. Tickets are still available at www.ubbulls.com.
- What happens when fire trucks meet food trucks? Find out at this new event in the Southtowns! The East Aurora Fire Department invited food trucks to take part in its big Labor Day fundraiser. “Food Trucks and Fire Trucks” goes from noon to 9 on Sunday at the East Aurora Fireman’s field. There will be craft beers, live music, a silent auction, and family fun. Find a map and directions at www.eastaurorafire.com.
- In the northtowns, Clarence will be the place to be! The Clarence Center Labor Day Fair starts Saturday, August 30th and runs through Monday, September 1st. There will be demolition derbies, a beer tent, live music and fireworks at 10 pm on Sunday. Check out all of the attractions by visiting www.ccvfc.net/laborday.
- Monday isn’t just Labor Day at the Buffalo Zoo. It’s also dollar day. Pick up a coupon at any Tops location to get admission to the zoo for just a buck. The gates will be open from 10 am to 4 pm on Monday, September 1st. Thar park will be open until 5 pm.
If you have an event you’d like to see featured, send an email to email@example.com.