Bedroom fire causes thousands of dollars of damage

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Buffalo firefighters battled a fire at a home on Shirley Avenue in Buffalo early Tuesday morning.

They responded to the call at 465 Shirley Avenue just before 2:45 a.m. after a fire started in a second floor bedroom.

Crews were able to confine the damage to that room but say the blaze still managed to cause $20,000 worth of damage to home and $10,000 worth of damage to the contents of the bedroom.

Everyone in the home got out safely, and the Red Cross arrived about an hour later to assist the victims.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

blog comments powered by Disqus