Here are some events to help you experience the first weekend of October here in Western New York:
- Enjoy apple season with the Niagara Apple Festival. It gives local farmers a chance to come together and celebrate their crop each fall. Just head to the Kenan Center Arena Lockport on Saturday and Sunday. Admission for adults is 2 dollars. Kids under 12 are free.
- Buffalo is full of architectural treasures, and this is the weekend to explore them. The Buffalo Architecture Foundation will wrap up its Festival of Architecture with a series of special events at some of our city’s signature buildings. There will be a family fun day at the Darwin Martin House on Saturday afternoon, followed by a gala at the Hotel Lafayette in the evening. This is all to lead up to World Architecture Day on Monday, October 6th.
- Dance lovers are in for a treat at UB’s Center for the Arts. Buffalo’s internationally touring company kicks off the new season of the M & T Bank Dance Series on Saturday. Lehrer Dance is known for its blend of artistry and athleticism. Their performance will include two world premieres. Curtain is at 8pm, with a pre-show discussion starting at 7:15. Tickets are available at the Center for the Arts box office.
- Fall means wedding planning season for brides and grooms to be. There are two shows for couples check out downtown on Sunday. The first is happening at one of the most sought after venues on the water. Templeton Landing will stage two wedding receptions during its annual bridal salon, happening from noon to 4 and featuring live entertainment and lots of local vendors.
- If you’re planning a Pinterest-inspired ceremony, you’ll want to swing by Babeville at Asbury Hall. At the Buffalo Indie Weddings show, you’ll find a fresh take on bridal trends from innovative artists in the industry. This event takes place from 2 to 6 on Sunday. There will be a runway show and even a groom’s lounge.
If you know of an event you’d like to see featured on Your Weekend in WNY, email email@example.com.