BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – The City of Buffalo is hosting a household hazardous waste drop-off day this weekend. You can drop off items at Front Park’s Porter Avenue entrance on Saturday, between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
The city will collect the following items for free:
– Pesticides, fertilizers, pool and household
– Chemicals/cleaners -limit 2 gallons or 20#
– Oil-based paints, spray cans -limit 10 gallons
– Paint thinner, stripper & solvents -limit 2 gallons
– Batteries – lead acid & rechargeable
– Oil, gasoline, kerosene, antifreeze-limit 10 gallons
– Mercury – thermometers, thermostats, metal
– Propane tanks & cylinders – full or empty
– Tires—remove the rims
– Electronic waste –computers, printers, scanners
– Fluorescent light bulbs
The city will not accept latex paint, pharmaceutical waste, commercial industrial waste, white goods, yard waste, household garbage or household recyclables.
Residents who need more details can call 311 or 851-4890.