There’s a lot to keep you busy this weekend in Western New York. Here’s some things you can do with your family from Lauren Hall:
- Show your support for our local heroes at the Veterans Day Parade downtown Saturday. Each year, veterans groups march down Delaware Ave, from Edward Street to City Hall. It starts at 11am. You’re encouraged to wave a flag, as a way to give thanks to our service men and women.
- One of Buffalo’s favorite musicals is back at Shea’s Performing Arts Center for one weekend only! You’ll be able to hear the sounds of Abba all throughout the theater district, when Mama Mia returns tonight for a special engagement. There’s one show on Friday, two on Saturday, and one more on Sunday. Get tickets at Ticketmaster or the Shea’s Box Office.
- Back in Buffalo, bring your antiques to the Burchfield Penney Art Center. The Antique Appraisers Road Show will offer appraisals all day tomorrow and Sunday. It’s a five dollar donation to the museum for each item.
- Kids will have a chance to lace up their skates and try hockey for free on Saturday. Four local rinks are participating in this program through USA Hockey, aimed at children between four and nine years old. All locations will even have some equipment to borrow. Check tryhockeyforfree.com for the list of participating rinks and ice times.
- The Sabres have two home games this weekend at First Niagara Center. Friday night’s 7 pm match up against Edmonton will be Hockey Fights Cancer night at the area. Fans are asked to wear lavender to show their support for those touched by cancer. Saturday will be Military Appreciation Night when the Sabres take on the Pittsburgh Penguins. There will be a special pregame ceremony on the ice to honor men and women in military service.
If you have an event you’d like to see featured in Your Weekend in WNY, email email@example.com.