Fire sparks in bathroom, family escapes

Courtesy: @ecfwire2

CHEEKTOWAGA, N.Y. (WIVB) — A family of five escaped an overnight house fire on Leni Lane in Cheektowaga. Firefighters were called to battle a fire at a home at 3:15 a.m. Tuesday. leni lane fire.

Two parents and three daughters escaped the fire and are staying with a neighbor, Tuesday morning.  Firefighters said the flames appeared to have started in the ceiling fan in the bathroom of the home. When crews arrived flames were shooting through the roof and moving toward the back of the home.

As of 5:10 a.m. it appeared firefighters had the flames under control.

Firefighters said this is another instance of when smoke detectors saved lives. Working smoke detectors helped them leave their home safely.

The investigation into the fire is still ongoing. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s