WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A local foundation aimed at protecting your home from carbon monoxide is getting some extra help. Organizers came to News 4 after realizing they couldn’t keep up with requests for furnaces for people in need.
A West Seneca family started the Amanda Hansen Foundation after their daughter died from carbon monoxide poisoning in 2009.
Ken Hansen said after the story aired last weekend, companies stepped up and donated more furnaces. He said they were only giving away four furnaces this winter, but now they have 12.