Organization to give away extra furnaces

WEST SENECA, N.Y. (WIVB) – A local foundation aimed at protecting your home from carbon monoxide is getting some extra help. Organizers came to News 4 after realizing they couldn’t keep up with requests for furnaces for people in need.

A West Seneca family started the Amanda Hansen Foundation after their daughter died from carbon monoxide poisoning in 2009.

Ken Hansen said after the story aired last weekend, companies stepped up and donated more furnaces. He said they were only giving away four furnaces this winter, but now they have 12.

 

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s