- Where can you find Nick Jonas, Jake Miller and other top pop artists on Friday night? They’ll be celebrating the holidays at First Niagara Center! Kissmas Bash starts at 6. Get there early for Jud’s pre-show party in the pavilion!
- The UB Bulls will take on a cross town rival at Alumni Arena Friday night. They will host the Niagara Purple Eagles at 7 o’clock, and there will be a holiday twist! Santa Claus will be there for pre-game pictures starting at 6. Get your tickets at the box office or www.UBbulls.com.
- A treasured tradition is back on stage in the theater district. Alleyway‘s production of A Christmas Carol brings the classic Charles Dickens characters to life, from Scrooge to Tiny Tim. This is their 32nd annual production of the play. It runs through Sunday.
- The Buffalo Philharmonic Orchestra will perform their annual Swinging’ Holiday Pops concert Friday, Saturday, and Sunday at Kleinhan’s Music Harll. They’ll play all the favorites and have lots of special guests on stage to provide the vocals. Santa will be there for pictures beforehand in the lobby.
- If your children just love Ana, Elsa, and Olaf, don’t miss the Ultimate Holiday Frozen Meet and Greet in the Falls! All the characters from the movie will be at the conference and events center on Saturday from 11 – 4 pm. Space is limited, so you might want to get your tickets to this one in advance. Find them at www.fallsstreet.com.
- You have a couple chances to see your favorite Christmas movies on the big screen, this weekend. Aurora Theater on Main Street in East Aurora will show The Polar Express on Saturday morning at 11, and It’s a Wonderful Life on Sunday at the same time. This is part of the Hollywood Holidays series. Admission is free!
- If you’re more of a Clark Griswold fan, you’ll want to head to Hertel Avenue. North Park Theater will show “National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation” for the family matinee Saturday and Sunday. Showtime is 11:30 and admission is five dollars.
- You don’t need a lift pass to ski at Holiday Valley on Sunday morning — just a Santa suit! Come dressed as Saint Nick for the “Santa Ski” from 8:30 to 11. It’s to raise money for the Ellicottville Foundation for the Youth and Family Support Center. Make sure you bring at least a 15 dollar donation, and meet a Cindy’s run at 10:45 for a group photo.
WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.