BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Western New Yorkers will be celebrating the New Year Wednesday night.
- In just a couple years, the Statler City Ice Ball has grown into the go-to event of the evening. This year’s celebration will take place in several different rooms throughout the historic hotel in Niagara Square. You do need tickets in advance, and they must be picked up before the night begins. Visit StatlerCity.com/iceball for the details.
- A first-time event will bring hundreds to the Market Arcade Building. They’re going over the top with a blues band, a DJ, food stations, and a craft cocktail bar. There will be an outdoor area to watch the fireworks downtown. Get your tickets at Acropolis OPA or Newbury Street in the Elmwood Village, or the Brooklyn Room in Kenmore which will be providing catering.
- Fans will be pretty dressed up for the Sabres 6 p.m. match up against the Tampa Bay Lightning. It’s Tux and Pucks night at First Niagara Center. The team is joining forces with Tuxedo Junction to offer special ticket packages. which include tuxedo rentals. Season ticket holders and fans who already have tickets, can bring them to any Tuxedo Junction up until 6 p.m. the day of the game, and rent a tux for $20.15.
- First Night Buffalo is a favorite tradition for Western New York families. Buffalo’s biggest drug and alcohol free bash runs from 5 to 10 p.m. at the Convention Center. There will be bounce houses, animal shows, and other entertainment geared at kids. The event is sponsored by Independent Health and draws a crowd of more than 5,000 people. You can get tickets at FirstNightBuffalo.com.
- Old Falls Street will also host a family style New Years Eve. Their Kids Club inside the Conference and Events Center in Niagara Falls USA runs from 6 to 10 p.m.. Your kids will enjoy games, movies on a big screen, and more.
- Across the border in Queen Victoria Park, thousands will gather for an outdoor concert featuring Keith Urban and Nick Jonas. There will be fireworks at 8:45 p.m., and again at the stroke of midnight.