BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Buffalo brides are getting ready to walk down the aisle, and there’s are a lot of preparation that goes into planning the big day. After brides say “yes” to a proposal, they have to make another important decision, their dress choice.
At a time when wedding costs are at the all-time high of $31,000, the average dress costs $1,357.
Beth Clark, from Bridal Chateau, showcased three different looks on News 4’s Wake Up, Wednesday morning. The looks include a lace, form fitting dress, a princess ball gown and an ethereal, chiffon gown. She suggested looking for a classic style, like lace, for the big day.
News 4’s Teresa Weakley and Brittini Smallwood joined Clark to break down three wedding gown trends for 2015.
- Sleeves are making a big comeback, ever since Princess Kate got married they have been available in many silhouettes.
- Lace is still popular, it’s a timeless, classic look.
- The backs of dresses are getting a lot of attention recently. Brides love hearing the “oohs” and the “ahhs” when people see the back of the dress.
- Beading is back on the scene in a big way.
- People are using the Disney Princesses as a theme for big, princess ballgowns.
- Some brides are using the “Boho” look for destination weddings.
Brittini’s own wedding day is just two weeks away. Smallwood is thrilled about her upcoming wedding, and can’t wait for her groom to see her dress.
Smallwood explained, “I do my final fitting tomorrow. I have been hinting to my fiance as to what my dress looks like, I’m trying so hard not to tell him, but I can’t wait.”