TOWN OF TONAWANDA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Work which was postponed due to inclement weather is scheduled to start soon.
Now work on the I-290 and Delaware Avenue in the Town of Tonawanda will begin Friday.
- April 30: Traffic signals will be activated and new traffic patterns will be enforced.
- May 1: I-290 westbound traffic to Delaware Avenue will be directed to Exit at Exit 1B. Exit 1A will close down at about 7 p.m.
- May 1: Delaware Avenue ramps to the I-290 westbound will close down at about 7 p.m.
- May 2: Delaware Avenue southbound traffic will be directed to use temporary ramps to access the I-290 eastbound.
- May 2: I-290 between Colvin Boulevard and I-190 will be reduced to two lanes of traffic in each direction, and the speed limit will be reduced to 45 miles per hour.
- May 2: I-290 eastbound traffic will begin to use temporary crossovers.
In addition to warnings about the traffic, additional details about how traffic is flowing can be found here.