BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Western New Yorkers will find entertainment with a country concert, several sporting events, and even an outdoor festival this weekend.
- Eric Church will bring a little bit of Nashville to downtown Buffalo Friday night. The “Outsiders” World Tour stops at First Niagara Center at 8. He will be joined on stage by The Lone Below. Tickets are still available.
- Cherry blossoms are a beautiful symbol of spring! They’re in bloom at the Japanese Garden in Delaware Park, and the 2nd annual Buffalo Cherry Blossom Festival kicks off Saturday. Check out a hoop-a-thon, pink boat rides, and live music. The festival runs through next Saturday, and it’s free.
- The playoff-bound Bandits are wrapping up the regular season. It’s fan appreciation night at First Niagara Center Saturday night for their game against New England. You can get 300 level tickets at a discounted price, and there will be giveaways all night long.
- Next door at 716 Food and Sport inside HarborCenter, they’re going all out for one of the biggest sports days of the year. There’s a Kentucky Derby Party starting at 5, and an outdoor happy hour from 5 to 9, during the final round of the Sled Hockey World Championships.
- You can get your Derby Day started a little early in Amherst. The Buffalo Niagara Heritage Village is hosting its annual Kentucky Derby Spring Hat Contest and Luncheon from 11 to 2. Make sure to call for a pre-paid reservation. There will be prizes for the best hats!