BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – With soaring temperatures expected this week, Mayor Byron Brown has announced plans to extend hours at all of the city’s outdoor pools, wading pools, and splash pads on Tuesday and Wednesday.
To help residents beat the heat on Tuesday and Wednesday, the Division of Parks and Recreation will keep all city pools open from 11 a.m. – 8 p.m. City splash pads will also remain open from 11 a.m. until 8 p.m. over the same two day period.
- Allison Pool – 50 Reese St.
- Centennial Pool – foot of Porter Ave.
- Houghton Pool – 36 Spann St.
- JFK Pool – 114 Hickory St.
- Kensington Pool – corner of Kensington Ave & Grider St.
- Masten Pool – Best St & Orange St.
- Riverside Pool – 2505 Niagara St.
- Shoshone Pool – foot of Beard St.
Wading Pools: (less than 2ft deep)
- Crowley St Wading Pool – Crowley & Tonawanda
- MLK, Jr. Wading Pool – Humboldt Pkwy & Best St (between casino and basketball court)
- Allison (Reese St next to pool)
- Cazenovia (by Caz casino)
- Centennial (foot of Porter next to pool in Lasalle park)
- Kensington (corner of Grider and Kensington next to pool)
- Lanigan (Fulton between Chicago & Louisiana)
- Schiller (Sprenger Ave side)
- Lincoln (end of Quincy St)
- Splash Pad at Martin Luther King Park
- Masten (Best St next to JBW Stadium)
- Houghton Park
- Roosevelt Park
For more information, visit the City of Buffalo’s website.