BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – It’s the last weekend in August! Here are some ways to spend it around Western New York.
- No, it’s not St. Patrick’s Day, but you’ll be able to get your Irish pride on anyway at the the Buffalo Irish Festival. It’s moving to a new venue by the waterfront downtown; Buffalo RiverWorks. The kickoff parade starts at 5 p.m Friday in Niagara Square. There will be live music, dancing, and vendors the rest of the weekend. Tickets are available in advance or at the door.
- It’s a big weekend jazz lovers in Lewiston. Live music will fill the streets for the Historic Lewiston Jazz Festival. The performances are set up along five stages on Center Street, and they’re free.
- How well can you break it down? The b-boys and b-girls of Verve Dance studio will put their break dancing skills on display Saturday. The annual “Battle @ Buffalo Under the Lights” starts at Noon at New Era Cap Headquarters on Delaware Avenue. The hip hop festival is friendly for the whole family.
- The last weekend in August is always an artistic one in the Elmwood Village. Its annual Festival of the Arts is happening all day Saturday and Sunday. Check out local artists, musicians, dancers, plus crafts for the kids.
- A new event will bring boat and car lovers to Canalside. The inaugural boat and auto show goes from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturday and 10 a.m. to 4 p.m. on Sunday. There will be more than cars, trucks, and SUVs, as well as power boats, sailboats, jet skis, and more. Admission is free.