MAYVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — After eight burglaries over a two-month period, police say they’ve busted up a pair of burglars.
Chautauqua County Sheriff’s Deputies say they worked on the investigation for two months after burglars broke into and stole from businesses, including the following.
- Vineyards Golf Course in the Town of Pomfret
- Jamestown Area Federal Credit Union in the Village of Panama
- Rowdy Rooster in the Village of Panama
- Hogan’s Hut in the Town of North Harmony
- Greater Chautauqua Federal Credit Union in North Harmony
- 430 Market in the Town of Ellery
- Robo Wash in the City of Jamestown
- S.A.S. Motors in the Town of Ellicott
Police say they eventually followed evidence, including security footage, back to both 25-year-old Fredonia native Joshua M. Link and 50-year-old Cassadaga native Kevin J. Weary. Each stands charged with third degree burglary. After police arrested Weary, they say they found property stolen during the thefts, leading to an additional charge of fifth degree possession of stolen property.
After appearing to court, a judge remanded Link to jail on $25,000 bail and Weary on $40,000 bail. They’ll each return to court at a later date.