BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – After an eventful press conference Friday morning from Erie County District Attorney Frank Sedita, News 4 spoke to legal analyst Terry Connors to break down the important points of the 40-minute long session.
SUMMARY OF MAIN POINTS
- DA Frank Sedita identified who he said is the perpatrator of what he called a “hoax” involving an evidence bag which was misidentified as containing a rape kit, as the alleged victim’s mother
- According to Sedita if the accuser is in any way involved in that “hoax”, that will factor whether he will bring the case to a grand jury
- Sedita called press conference Friday morning to defend the investigative actions of the law enforcement agencies that were involved
- The district attorney established chain of custody through video evidence, documentary evidence and witness statements
- Sedita said he does not think the alleged victim’s ex-attorney Thomas Eoannou thought the evidence bag was a “hoax”; Eoannou was a victim as well, according to the DA
- DA said he longer has direct access to the complaintant because she’s represented by council and he must go thru her lawyer to get a statement
Watch the attached video for more analysis.