Candle sparks East Aurora house fire

EAST AURORA, N.Y. (WIVB) — Authorities say a candle started a fire at a N. Willow St. home in the village of East Aurora on Monday morning.

The fire reportedly started around 3 a.m. on the second floor of the house, leading to response from East Aurora and Orchard Park authorities.

A mother and her children were able to leave the home safely and firefighters were able to extinguish the flames in about half an hour.

It is not yet known how much damage the fire caused.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s