BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) – Veterans groups around Western New York will take time on Wednesday to honor and celebrate those who have served our country. Here are some of the ceremonies you can attend around town:
- The Erie County American Legion will salute veterans at Forest Lawn Cemetery at 9am in front of the American Legion Memorial Monument. Flags will be placed on the graves of veterans buried in the Field of Valor.
- The West Seneca Veterans Committee will honor veterans everywhere with an 11 am at Town Hall. The ceremony will take place on the Walkway of Freedom. Each brick in the walkway is engraved with the name of a veteran.
- Veterans, along with their family, friends, and supporters will also gather in Cheektowaga. The Veterans Affairs Committee will hold a ceremony at 1pm in Town Park off Harlem Road. It will be held in front of the Cheektowaga Veterans Monument, with a reception to follow.
- The Niagara Falls Veterans Monument is believed to be the largest all-American granite monument in the United States dedicated to our country’s veterans. Veterans and civilians will come together there tomorrow for an 11am ceremony to mark the occasion.
- In Williamsville, members of the George F. Lamm American Legion Post number 622 will conduct a Veterans Day ceremony sponsored by the Town of Amherst. It takes place at 11 am and is open to the public. All are invited to honor those who serve and have served.
Click here for a list of even more Veterans Day tributes and ceremonies.