BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Across New York State, there were nearly 100 Powerball winners despite the fact that no New Yorkers took home a slice of the jackpot $1.5 billion prize.
Five New Yorkers took away $1 million tickets, but 79 winners scored tickets worth $50,000 — with two more scoring $100,000 tickets by utilizing the power play option.
In western New York, there were five $50,000 ticket winners, between Erie, Niagara and Genesee Counties. The locations are as follows:
- Prime Stop at 755 East Delevan Avenue in Buffalo
- Noco Express Shop at 1555 North French Road in Getzville
- Tops Markets at 3870 Harlem Road in Cheektowaga
- 7-Eleven at 505 East Main Street in Batavia
- 7-Eleven at 2620 Niagara Street in Niagara Falls.
Lucky winners of the $1.5 billion jackpot are split between three states — with one winner residing in California, Florida and Tennessee.