ROBERTSON COUNTY, Tenn. (WKRN) – The Greenbrier Police Department in Tennessee is investigating the “unexplained death” of a 16-year-old boy after he and others reportedly drank racing fuel.
Last week, Logan Stephenson, a student at Greenbrier High School, was found unresponsive inside his Greenbrier home and pronounced dead at the scene.
Chief K.D. Smith also said, “The police department extends its condolences to the family of the young man who passed away and joins everyone in praying for the recovery of the hospitalized juvenile.”A second teenager, Logan’s best friend, was taken to Vanderbilt University Medical Center for what police say is an “undisclosed ailment.”
Authorities say the two cases are related and no foul play is suspected.
They’ve received information both boys were among a select group of teenagers in Greenbrier who may have ingested a racing fuel-based liquid substance last Wednesday, one day prior to Logan being found dead.
Neither his death nor the friend’s sickness has been connected to drinking the racing fuel at this time.
Police say if you know someone who may have consumed a similar mixture, the department urges you to seek medical attention at once.
Anyone with information concerning this incident is urged to contact the Greenbrier Police Department at 615-643-4467.
“You will not be in trouble with law enforcement if you were present at this gathering,” police said. “Our goal is to ensure the safety of our citizens and get medical help for those who may need it.”
Investigators told Media General contributors two other students admitted to drinking the mixture but they’re okay.
Logan is survived by his parents, grandparents, and six brothers and sisters.