BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB)- In preparation for the John R. Oishei Children’s Hospital, work will begin on the bridge to connect the new hospital to Buffalo General Medical Center.
As a safety precaution for all vehicular traffic, Ellicott Street between High and Goodrich Streets will be closed for the month of February.
The hospital released the following information on how to access Buffalo General during the construction:
- The entrance to Buffalo General Medical Center on the corner of High and Ellicott Streets will remain open.
- Patients and family members needing handicap friendly access should use the valet entrance at either the Gates Vascular Institute on Ellicott Street (accessed via North Street) or Buffalo General Medical Center on High Street.
- Handicap transport vans should only use Buffalo General Medical Center’s C-building entrance on High Street.
- If entering the Campus via North Street, there will be a road closure sign at Ellicott Street allowing only local traffic (patients and visitors) through to access the Gates Vascular Institute and parking garage.
- Self-parking will remain available in the ramp between E. North and Goodrich Streets across from the valet entrance to the Gates Vascular Institute on Ellicott Street and on the corner of High and Ellicott Streets.