Fire rips through Buffalo home near Old First Ward

Courtesy News 4 viewers.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Firefighters rushed to the scene of an evening fire near the city’s Old First Ward on Tuesday night.

When Buffalo fire crews hit the scene at 130 Vincennes Street, they worked with what little daylight they had, setting up various angles from which to fight the fire.

Described as a fully-involved structure fire, officials say nobody was home at the time the flames sparked, although at least two people were affected.

When the flames were extinguished, crews reported roughly $70,000 in damage to the structure and $20,000 in damage to the contents of the home.

The Red Cross is assisting those displaced by the fire.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s