RANSOMVILLE, N.Y. (WIVB) — A Niagara County resident was awakened by the smell of smoke from a fire early Tuesday morning.
Authorities responded to the fire around 4 a.m. in Ransomville to find everyone safely out of the Youngstown-Lockport Road house.
Officials subsequently began to inspect the home and found that the fire was coming from the roof area.
After containing and extinguishing the blaze near the chimney, firefighters estimated the damage to have added up to $40,000.
The American Red Cross is helping the three people who lived at the home.