Is beating the market your Slam Dunk? Exceeding budgets your Grand Slam? Does developing new revenue streams and concepts drive you?
WIVB News 4 and CW 23 in Buffalo, NY is looking for a Director of Sales to lead its Broadcast and Digital sales operations. This position is responsible for the performance of WIVB/WNLO (CBS/CW) and includes all digital sales components.
We are seeking a “game changer” and proven leader who can communicate a vision, while developing a management and sales team to generate extraordinary growth. The DOS should be proficient in inventory analysis, control and pricing; revenue forecasting, and budgeting; account strategy; product training; and energetic, candid and focused team development.
The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor’s Degree, with a at least 5-10 years of recent television sales management experience including Local, National and Digital sales.
Qualified candidates must have excellent organizational, presentation, leadership and interpersonal skills with a high sense of urgency and ability to deliver results. This self-starter will generate revenue share growth through positive leadership and cohesive team-building.
WIVB/WNLO is an Equal Employment Opportunity employer.
Apply online at – https://nexstar.hua.hrsmart.com/hr/ats/Posting/view/4419
The Director of Sales oversees all aspects of the Sales Department, including staff management, advertising inventory throughout all channels, revenue goal setting and achievement, and budgeting. The Director of Sales also has direct responsibility for national sales efforts.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides leadership for the broadcast/digital sales team’s efforts.
- Develops and executes sales strategies which result in exceeding revenue targets in local, national, digital media and new product revenue.
- Drives new business development.
- Responsibility for overseeing the station – advertiser interface and guiding customer relations.
- Plans and directs recruitment, training, and performance evaluations to develop and control sales and service programs.
- Determines pricing and maintains inventory controls to achieve budgetary goals.
- Creates and reviews operational records and reports revenue forecasting to determine profitability.
- Prepares budgets and approves budget expenditures for the department.
- Oversees the interface between sales and the local and hub traffic staff.
- Directs the Accounts Receivable efforts of the Sales Department.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Skills:
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Advertising or Mass Communications, or a related field, or an equivalent combination of education and work related experience.
- Minimum five years’ experience in television sales management.
- Experience guiding, directing and motivating subordinates, including setting performance standards and monitoring performance.
- Experience establishing long-range objectives and specifying the strategies and actions to achieve them.
- Ability to identify the developmental needs of others and to coach, mentor or otherwise help others to improve their knowledge or skills.
- Fluency in English with excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Valid driver’s license with an acceptable driving record.
- Proficiency with Nielsen ratings, Wide Orbit, Matrix and MS Office is a plus.