Deputy, Good Samaritans extinguish vehicle on fire in garage

ALDEN, N.Y. (WIVB) — A motorcycle that caught fire in an Alden garage drew the response of an unlikely trio — a neighbor, an Erie County Sheriff’s Deputy and an volunteer firefighter.

What sounds like the beginning of a bar joke actually is a story that saved an Alden homeowner’s garage and more, although the motorcycle is likely a total loss. Reports of the fire called into police drew the response of the deputy, who immediately used a fire extinguisher from his vehicle. It also drew a nearby volunteer firefighter and neighbor who each added in personal extinguishers, which paired together doused the flames.

Firefighters who arrived soon after confirmed the fire had been extinguished and determined a mechanical failure on the motorcycle likely led to the fire. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s