Fire does heavy damage, causes next door evacuation

PERRY, N.Y. (WIVB) — An afternoon fire in Wyoming County called multiple fire companies to the scene.

The fire, which broke out in a Perry apartment shortly around 2:30 p.m., was caused by a fan or air purification system that malfunctioned.

People in the hotel next door on Page Circle were evacuated due to heavy smoke in the area. One firefighter was injured.

The fire caused an estimated $125,000 in damage. Four people who lived in the building are being helped by the Red Cross.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s