Firefighter hurt at overnight house fire

Scene of overnight house fire on Wade Avenue, Buffalo.
Scene of overnight house fire on Wade Avenue, Buffalo.

BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — One firefighter had to be brought to the hospital from the scene of an overnight house fire, according to a chief at the scene.

The fire started in a house on Wade Avenue just after 1:30 a.m. Sunday.

The fire started in the first floor of the home, where firefighters found a gas can, according to Tom Reddington, Battalion Chief.

Investigators will look at whether the gas can played any role in the fire, said Reddington.

Damages to the building are estimated at $60,000, with $10,000 in damage to the contents of the building.

WIVB.com provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s