BUFFALO, N.Y. (WIVB) — Buffalo school officials say a substitute teacher’s pills got into the hands of students Thursday at School #30.
The teacher brought in prescription narcotic drugs to school with her, officials say.
Later in the day, three first graders allegedly found and removed the pills. One of the students said he swallowed one.
Following this, medical help was called and the kids were taken to Women and Children’s Hospital by ambulance.
In addition to this, the students’ parents, as well as Poison Control and Buffalo police were called.
School officials say counseling will be provided so the students “understand the seriousness of their actions.”