NEW YORK (AP) — A New York-based food company is recalling various cheese products that were distributed across the U.S. They could be contaminated with Salmonella.
Salmonella is a bacteria that could be fatal for kids, elderly people or others with weak immune systems.
4C Foods Corp. is recalling the following products:
- 4C All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-33126)
- 4C All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-37126)
- 4C All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-77126)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-32790)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural Parmesan/Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 41387-11627)
- 4C HomeStyle All Natural 100% Imported Italian Pecorino Romano Cheese (UPC 41387-12302)
- Cento Parmesan Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90502)
- Cento Romano Grated Cheese (UPC 70796-90501)
The products were packaged in 6 oz. glass jars with BEST BY dates between Nov. 12, 2016 and Nov. 12, 2018. No illnesses have been reported yet.
Anyone who bought the products can return them for a full refund. For questions, call (866) 969-1920.