Chautauqua County man dies in fire that started in the home’s furnace

Photo Credit: Daniel Kohler

KENNEDY, N.Y. (WIVB)- The Ellington Fire Department responded to a fire call at 3967 Sprague Hill Road in Kennedy just after 9:30 a.m. Saturday morning.

First responders located 60 year-old William Caldwell inside and transported him to WCA hospital where he was pronounced dead.

The Chautauqua County’s Fire Investigation Team determined the fire originated within the heating furnace. provides commenting to allow for constructive discussion on the stories we cover. In order to comment here, you acknowledge you have read and agreed to our Terms of Service. Commenters who violate these terms, including use of vulgar language or racial slurs, will be banned. Please be respectful of the opinions of others. If you see an inappropriate comment, please flag it for our moderators to review. Note: Comments containing links are not allowed.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s