The Assistant Chief Engineer will collaborate with the Director of Engineering on project planning and supervise station technical staff with the implementation of new equipment and systems/equipment repair.
The successful candidate should have an engineering or 2 year electronics technology degree combined with several years of experience working as a television broadcast engineer, involved with the maintenance, repair and installation of television broadcast equipment.
Skills and attributes to include:
· To be self starter, motivated, and to be continually looking for ways to improve the station both technically and operationally.
· Strong troubleshooting abilities.
· Solid communication, organizational and leadership skills.
· Familiarity with the maintenance of equipment and technologies used in a television news environment, such as Avid
· Familiarity with over the air broadcast encoding and transport stream processing equipment.
· Strong IT skills, familiarity with Microsoft Operating Systems, including Microsoft Server 2008.
· RF and UHF transmitter maintenance experience is a plus.
Apply online here.